I did a little bit behind the scenes plumbing here over the weekend. It should be smooth sailing, but if any problems crop up you know what to do.
Other than some file cleanup and reorganization, the two biggest public facing things are the removal of “/site/” from all the URIs, and fixing an oversight where old content was appearing the the newer design.
The extra “/site/” identifier was a result of the CMS framework I build several years ago while I was working with some folks who had trouble getting their heads around the idea that a URI didn’t need to correspond directly to a file on the web-server.
In other words “Hey, I put this file in the root folder, and it’s not showing up!”
The old content in new design was purely an oversight. I know it’s not how most people think of a weblog these days, but I think it’s important to see older articles/entries in their original context. Nothing’s quite as silly as having a page on your site that says “Check out the new orange background!” when it’s sitting a newer, crisp, black on white design.