- A Sentimental Gen-X Programmer Culls his Tech Books
- Cocoa Programming for Max OS X Second Edition
- Danny Goodman’s AppleScript™ Handbook
- Database Processing
- Web Design on a Shoestring
- Designing with Web Standards
- Learning Java
- DocBook 5: The Definitive Guide
- PDF Hacks
- Programming the Perl DBI
- Translucent Databases
- High Performance MySQL
- Code Complete
It’s “things must leave the house” season, and this week I came to the two boxes labeled “old tech books”. Some books — The Important™ ones — get an exulted place on my book shelves. Other books, when they prove no longer useful, make their way out of the house quickly. These “old tech books” fell somewhere in between — the energy they held from certain periods of my life made me keep they around, but the fact they lived in my basement for so long pointed towards their final fate.
So my inner sentimentalist and and my inner “things must leave the house”-ist made a deal. Snap a quick picture, write a few paragraphs on each, and then distribute them to the various little free libraries around Portland.